ON THIS PAGE:
2. Important information
3. Guides and introductory videos for online learning
4. More information and resources
Welcome to TAV College’s online learning assistance centre where you can find everything and anything you will need to help you with your online semester. If, at any time, you require assistance, the College has setup an email address exclusively for online help: firstname.lastname@example.org
2. THE MOST IMPORTANT INFORMATION YOU NEED TO KNOW:
- The Fall 2020 semester will be held mostly online.
- The college campus will remain open and fully operational. Students will have full access to student services, study spaces, computer laboratories and advisors. The following classes and activities will be maintained on campus:
- Science Labs
- Mid term and final examination
- Selected courses where on site presence is required to fulfill course competencies.
- Orientation and introduction to your professors
How do I access my schedule and Online Courses?
Students will be able to access their course schedules as well as other learning materials on their Omnivox account.
Online course delivery will vary depending on your instructor and program. If your class is using a virtual classroom (Google Meet for example), a hyperlink to enter the virtual classroom will be listed on the course outline as well as on the “Announcements” page on Omnivox – Léa.
* IMPORTANT TO NOTE
Ignore the information displayed on the “Léa – Online Classes” feature of Omnivox. TAV College will not be using this feature throughout the semester.
How do I communicate with my teacher and classmates?
Students are able to communicate with their course instructor and/or classmates via Mio (the Omnivox messaging service). Your instructors’ email address will be listed on the front page of their course outline and some instructors may request that you communicate with them by email as opposed to Mio.
i lost my omnivox password or don't know my student id number
Contact the College by email at: email@example.com
*Be sure to include an informative subject line in the email to ensure that your message transmits immediacy.
I have not used Omnivox and/or google meet before
Below you will find helpful video tutorials which act as a virtual orientation for all new students.
You will find the following video tutorials:
- Message from the Director of Studies
- Accessing Omnivox
- How to use Omnivox to access your course schedule
- How to use Omnivox to upload assignments for a course
- How to use Omnivox to confirm attendance
- How to use Mio (messaging service)
- How to use Google Meet to participate in a class
- How to use Google Meet to meet with teachers (“office hours”) or for collaborating with other students
- Google Meets: How to share your screen
If you have a suggestion for more video tutorials, please contact our communications department: firstname.lastname@example.org
3. ONLINE HELP: Guides and introductions
GUIDES TO USING OMNIVOX
How to use Omnivox for the first time
How to use access your course schedule on omnivox
INTRODUCTION TO LÉA ON OMNIVOX
5. More information: Helpful links, TAV College resources and FAQs
RESOURCES AT TAV:
- French Help Centre
- The Centre for Efficient Learning at TAV College
- Student Email Registration and Free Access to Microsoft Office 365
- Introduction to Google Drive (A place where all Google applications meet; your Google headquarters)
- Introduction to Google Meet (free, online, video conferencing application)
- Introduction to Google Calendar (for tips on organization and efficiency)
- Download Omnivox to your mobile device on the Google Play Store (Android users) or the App Store (Apple users).